Sunday, April 18, 2010

Long time, no post. Here's what's happening in my next of the woods...

Well, its been a long time since I've posted much of anything. I'm not sure what I've been waiting for, so I guess its time for an update.

Its been just over a month since I've been unemployed. Friday was the first day that I didn't have any appointments or anything I really needed to get done. It was pretty tough. But TGOs now-spotless apartment thanks me. Everything on that front of life is wonderful. Couldn't be better, in fact.

I haven't been training much either. My hopes of the Hospital Hill half marathon have gone down the drain, but with good reason. I'm going to need to be at another race that Girls on the Run is benefitting from. And I just might get to hang out with one of my idols.... More details to come as they get hammered out.

I have been enjoying semi-leisurely, semi-sweaty bike rides, runs that turn into walks with Pete, tennis games with TGO, and avoiding the 9,000-count pollen whenever possible. It's been fun to get a normal-person amount of exercise and just have fun while doing it. I do miss the competition and the challenge of serious training, but for now, this will do.

No comments: