Thursday, April 1, 2010

Lions and Tigers and Fools Oh My!

Wichita's zoo has got to be one of the best in the country. We spent a good chunk of Thursday at the Sedgwick County Zoo, oogling the animals and chasing around the munchkins.

The new tiger exhibit really impressed me. It had all the little touches to enhance the experience. Footprints, growls and even tiger "scat" - with a sign explaining what that is. Very clever. We got to be about 1 inch from a huge live tiger - with just a piece of glass separating us. It was very cool.



We fed the giraffes alfafa and hay. We watched the lions gnaw on big bones, just like Pete does in our own living room. We saw the meerkats scamper and stare at us.





Sean, Ian and Jake are such animal experts. My nephews continue to amaze me.


Also, in honor of April Fool's Day, I had to play a joke an TGO. I talked to him mid day, and told him it had been a bad day because Pete had run away that morning and still hadn't come back. He was devastated. Thank God it was only a joke though, because we both would have a horrible time with that. Pete's week in Wichita was exhausting for him, though...

No comments: