Friday, March 11, 2011

La Vida Del Noche

The days may be hot in Mexico, but the nights are hotter!

As part of our all-inclusive package, we got two nights at the "good restaurants" rather than just the normal buffets. The first night was at Le Gourmet, the French cusine place. Wow. I had not at all been impressed with the food at the Sandos, but here it was great. We ordered things that we would not normally order, knowing we could always go fill up at the buffet if it was bad. But no need. It was the perfect amount of food - and the rolls, filled with cheese --mmm!!


I had my first ever Baked Alaska! I didn't even really know what it was, but I know that its one of Daddy Warbucks' favorites so I had to try it. Basically it was ice cream covered in whipped cream with a brandy sauce that was then set on fire. Quite interesting.


After dinner that night, we walked along the beach, cocktail in one hand and my love in the other.



After our long and stressful excursion day, we chowed at the buffet and then lounged on a hammock near the ocean, just relaxing, pondering life and listening to the waves. It was quite a romantic, yet philosophical, moment.


Our other restaurant night was the Mediterranean spot. I had high hopes, but it was not nearly as good as the buffets even, so that was a bummer. But the ambiance was delightful and the service was pretty good, so I still enjoyed myself.


As did BDR.


While at the restaurant the mariachi band went around taking requests. It was super fun. At some point I might post the video I shot, but for now, I'll leave you with a snapshot of the mariachi band and me at the buffet. Guantanamara and De Colores were quite lively tunes!

No comments: