Monday, July 12, 2010

Sigh.

It feels like there is so much going on in my life, and yet nothing at the same time. My days have been filled with hectic busy-ness of lowest in our lifetime interest rates, mornings with runs and training for the marathon, and evenings filled with extracurriculars and time with BDR and Peter. It's all great, yet slightly overwhelming at the same time.

Luckily, I thrive when I'm busy so I've been pretty productive lately.

I'm the co-chair for the Youth Leadership Institute which takes place next week at Johnson County Community College, and we are working to develop partnerships to help sustain the program, as well as work thru the mundane details that are necessary for a successful week. Plus weekly Rotary meetings and other club activities on top of YLI.

I'm the social chair for KC Multisport. We just had a successful post-SMP Tri party and are planning a concert featuring the one and only IRONBAND!!! If you haven't heard of them and are into these crazy endurance sports. Check them out! Tons of fun spoofs about Chamois Butt'r, Mike Reilly and sandbagging. Plus - they actually sound pretty good as well. If you're interested in getting them to play at your local race - let me know!!

I'm on the board for Girls on the Run and have been too busy lately to devote much time to them. However, I may have recruited a charity runner, or SoleMate, as we call them today - so that is exciting!

BDR and I have been shopping around for a place together. We found one that we are very excited about, with the awesome backyard, doggie doors, and wet bar in the basement - its like no other rental in the area!

Combine all of that with work and training for the KC marathon, not to mention a semblance of a social life - I do have friends that I actually like to spend time with! - I'm beat.

But really, I wouldn't have it any other way!

2 comments:

A house in chaos said...

You would have it another way ~ you'd visit us! When you can of course! Love you!

RFalkenrath said...

Nice job slipping in the "we're moving in together" bomb... ;) Good luck rental searching.