Saturday, November 20, 2010

Holiday Baking Season!



After the GOTR 5K, I was the lucky winner of a box of leftover apples! MMM, pink ladies are delish! So I've been trying to put them to good use. We defiitely wouldn't want them to go to waste, just to "waist" instead!

1st, a tasty apple crisp. My daddio's recipe. Peeled and sliced apples, topped with a mixture of brown sugar, flour, oatmeal, butter and cinnamom. MMM. It smells so good when its baking!


I also tried my hand at homemade applesauce for the first time! MMM, it filled the house with a phenomenal aroma! So warm and festive, it really put me in the holiday spirit. 8 peeled, cored and chopped apples, a half cup sugar, 1.5 cups water and some cinnamon. In a pot, covered on medium for an hour or so, til they were cooked enough for me to mash.


And whats a day of baking without chocolate chippers? I'm in love with Dr. Mel's recipe that uses vanilla pudding to keep the cookies moist. And luckily enough, BDR ended up taking them to an off duty job and "accidentally" giving them to a fellow officer. At first I was mad, but then I remember those pants that don't fit!



Next up, pies, turkeys, mashed potatoes, cider ... all the Turkey Day fixin's!!







No comments: