Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Moan... My sit bones....

I got on my bike last night for the first time since Ironman - yep, its been about 4 months and I decide to ride when its warmer in Moscow and Reyjevik than here in Kansas City. Luckily, it was in the basement of the Velvet Creme Popcorn factory for the KC Multisport Power Hour. Set up took a while, as I had to change to an older trainer tire, clean up the spilled gatorade that remained from the bump in the road at mile 87 in Madison, set up the trainer so my bike didn't rock and then lube up with Chamois Butter. The class was tough. Joel always works everyone hard, and the first week is the easy sessions. It's only going to get worse.


And it already has. I knew I'd be tired and sore since I'm out of shape, but I woke up this morning with sorer sit bones than I've felt in MONTHS. Yep, that little area between the legs - not quite the butt and not your lady parts -- OUCH!!!

It's only bound to get better right!? OK, maybe worse before it gets better, but it will get better. I think....

2 comments:

ajs {of MN} said...

the moscow pc and the weather... i heard that same thing on the radio the other day- but I am in MN and I hear Moscow is WARMER THAN MN!! Huh!?

What's the weather like in KC today?

GingerV said...

we need to yell for a bike seat that if feminine not mascoline in shape. I love spinning, don't care to ride a bike out in traffic, but after just a couple weeks off have pain on either side of the pelvic bone.... I set my see forward and sit back on it so I am on the rounded part.... that helps.