Friday, February 5, 2010

Girl Power!

I feel so fortunate to be a woman and an athlete. And to live in a city that embraces the two together.

I get so excited about this concept. I just registered for the WIN for KC Triathlon. All women, sprint distance, lots of first timers, great energy and encouragement from the edge of the lake to the finisher's chute. Today only, registration is discounted, so I jumped at the chance. How many of you will sign up with me?
WIN for KC - the Women's Intersport Network for Kansas City - celebrates women and athletics today at their annual luncheon. While I'm not attending, I'm there in spirit supporting the mission of the organization and each of the women behind the scenes. Here's a great video highlighting the wonderful group.



The other local group that is so close to my heart and often on my datebook, is Girls on the Run. I'm on the board for our local council and devote quite a bit of my time to helping the organization grow. In three short years, GOTR KC has exponentially grown from 6 brave girls to now over 300! Running is what got me back on my feet after a horrific abusive relationship, and I use running all the time to get me out of a funk and back in a good mood. I just want to share that with a few other girls and women. The video below showcases just how wonderful GOTR is!



Many of us on the GOTR board have decided to be athletes together and all race the WIN tri. Hopefully some of you will join us!

No comments: