Thursday, May 13, 2010

I'm SO EXCITED to share my big news! I have begun a new endeavor as a Mortgage Consultant with the Kansas City Mortgage Group.







Finding this position was one of those karma things I think. A contact of my oldest brother used LinkedIn to seek out a new hire. We met a few times and discussed the job, company, culture, etc. And I first sat down with him just for interview experience. But the more I learned, the more intrigued I became. Its a job where I can essentially be my own boss, create my own destiny, and help people all at the same time. Its pretty much ideal. Plus, meeting the rest of the team left a great taste in my mouth and as we all know, first impressions are pretty important.

The mortgage world is definitely different than where I'd been previously. (But really, construction and non-profit are unique monsters in their own regard!) I know that my experiences are totally going to translate to success as a mortgage consultant. And - if I learned anything from completing the Ironman last September, it’s that determination and a positive attitude will allow you to achieve anything you set your mind to.

One of the coolest things about my new company is the people I'm working with. Everyone is so friendly, welcoming and helpful - and there is a ton of knowledge here. They have more than 50 years of combined experience, and for a young company that is amazing. For the second straight year, KCMG has been named by the Kansas City Business Journal as one of the Top 25 Mortgage Brokers in Kansas City. And now, I get to be a part of that.

One of my first tasks was to get fingerprinted (TGO would be proud!) and get my official photograph done. It was pretty fun to be ANTM for an afternoon. Tyra would be proud. Here's my favorite:


I'm able to do loans in Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Nebraska and Colorado - so if any of you out in bloggy world are looking for a new home or to refinance your current loan - get in touch! You can email me at trish(at)kcmortgage.com.

I also just sent out a big announcement letter. If you didn't get one, and want it - please let me know!

No comments: