Friday, May 7, 2010

It might be time...

TGO is picking up the bikes from Elite Cycling as I type. I borrowed a mountain bike from an amazing athlete and friend so we can ride the Katy Trail soon. In the meantime, I'm hoping to hit the Indian Creek and Tomahawk Creek trails to test out the borrowed ride.

As we took Pete for a long walk last night (after TGO made dinner for me!) I started getting a bit of the itch. I think it might be time to start training again. I'm a little hesitant, because I've been in this mode before but it hasn't stuck. I don't want to go spend my life savings to register for a race, so I thought. Hmm... Maybe I should actually find a training plan for the Sprint Tri I'm already signed up for. Novel concept huh? Train to be prepared, and then I can race it and do a little more than just go out for fun and to finish.

So I'm going to try Hal Higdon's Tri 2 program that I found online. It almost seems silly after the LOOOOOOOONG distances I was doing this time last year, but then I remember: I don't think I could run a mile straight right now. Maybe training will be necessary!!

Also, I've had a GREAT week, and I'm excited to share the big news with the e-world next week. Stay tuned!

No comments: