Monday, January 17, 2011

I almost puked this morning.

During my workout. For the first time in a long while.

It was awesome.

I got my butt out of bed and to the gym at 5:30 this morning. Good thing I packed my bag last night, or it woulda been a LOT harder to be successful this morning.

I got to the gym and busted out my iphone to use my new favorite app that you can buy here. I decided to do the "Hurricane" workout. I figured 45 minutes was a good length. Round about 25 minutes I was almost dead.

The app is awesome. You can play your iPod while the trainer talks you thru what to do, on the clock. Here's what I did.

2 min - light jog
2 min - slide and glide. I did carioka instead.
1 min - straight leg kicks
1 min - recover (I was thinking I don't need this, this workout is probably going to be too easy for me. Ha.)
30 sec - modified pushups
1 min - squats
1 min - step back lunges
2 min - single leg deadlift
2 min - cross back lunge
1 min - plank row
1 min - russian twists
2 min - opposite leg/arm extension
2 min - side lunge
1 min - jump rope (Ok I was way wrong. This is really kicking my butt.)
1 min - toe touch crunches
30 sec - modified pushups
1 min - squats
2 min - step back lunges
2 min - single leg deadlift
2 min - cross back lunge
1 min - plank row
1 min - russian twist
2 min - opp arm/leg extension
1 min - side lunge
1 min - jump rope
2 min - side lunge
1 min - plank row
2 min - cross back lunge
2 min - single leg deadlift
4 min - stretching

It was the last cross back lunges where I thought I might puke. Ugh. It was hard, I was sweaty, and I know I'm going to feel it for a couple days. It was great!

Of course, as I type up this recap, I realize I did a lot of the workout wrong... All the lunges (side and step back) I did as cross back -- I thought I was doing an awful lot of those! Woops. Good thing I've got massive thighs that can handle it.

(Did I ever mention the story of how BDR told me I had 'Massive Thighs' ... he says he meant it as a compliment, like they are really strong... It definitely didn't come across that way. And I don't let him forget it!)

Hopefully I can get myself out of bed in the morning to give it another go! Maybe I'll try to swim more than 100m ....

On a completely unrelated note - We start puppy class with Stelly Belly tonight! Considering she's already mastered "sit" I think she's going to do really well. Our biggest problem with her right now: deciding if her name really fits her. We're not sure that it does, but we haven't come up with anything better yet....

Happy Monday to everyone. I hope your week has started off as great as mine!! (Its a good hair day to boot!!!!)

No comments: