Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Ten Personal Highlights of 2010

1. My growing family! I absolutely love our new addition Stella and things with BDR couldn't be better. Plus, Peter is just about as perfect of a pup as you can get!

2. My great job. I started a new position with the Kansas City Mortgage Group in May and have learned a TON over the last 6 months. I've even done pretty well with my sales and am excited about the continued growth in this career.

3. Running the Kansas City Half Marathon with a smile on my face, after I got burnt out and quit training several weeks before the race. This totally proves to me that I can truly do anything I set my mind to.

4. Hosting a successful Thanksgiving dinner at my house for my family. I was a little nervous about it, but it went off without a hitch and without any empty bellies!

5. Getting my photo shown in the Hospital Hill Charity handouts. I ran in a girly cowgirl costume for the 10K in honor of Girls on the Run and now I'm almost a D-list local celebrity. Or not...


6. Regular date nights with my girlfriends. This didn't happen quite as often as we'd all like, but one friend and I had a few quality nights out and each of them helped us grow closer together.

7. Moving in with BDR. I know I sort of covered this in #1, but it deserves a second mention. Our relationship has grown exponentionally, and I'm so happy!

8. My nephews are moving to Kansas City, so I get to be super aunt more often (and in smaller doses!) in the coming months. Big Bro got a job at Hallmark so the move has begun, yesterday actually. I'm excited to have them closer so I can be a bigger part of the boys' lives.

9. Being named to the board of directors for the Overland Park Rotary Club. This is a pretty big deal when you consider all the influential citizens in our group!

10.  Enjoying all the little things throughout the year, with no major stressors.


No comments: