Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Visions of Sugar Plums Dancing in my Head

I remember going to the Nutcracker as a little girl and just being absolutely in awe of the performance. I was taking ballet classes then, and loved the girly feeling it gave me. It was so festive, so Christmas, and so grown-up to go to the Ballet at Century II with my mother.

Well, last night I went again, with my girlfriends. We had a tasty dinner at El Patron and it was likely my best Mexican food experience in ages. (I generally disklike most Mexi restaurants.) We get to the Music Hall, settle in, and begin to root against the mouse king, shiver in the Snowflake forest and float off into the Land of Sweets.


Some of these dancers were just amazing. The men could leap like I've never seen. The ladies were so elegant, long and lean, great lines. I've always wanted pointe shoes of my own and a tutu so I could be just like the Sugar Plum Fairy. Maybe some day.


What a great start to the Christmas holiday and a tradition I can't wait to begin with my own daughter someday.








No comments: