Monday, December 13, 2010

Domestic Goddess

My oldest brother is staying with us for a couple weeks. He starts his new job at Hallmark today and made the 13-hour trek from the Windy City yesterday. Yes, his 9-hour drive was seriously extended due to the horrific midest winter weather. Thank goodness that wasn't me. I would have literally been driven crazy!

To welcome him to KC, and because I like a hearty Sunday dinner, I put a pot roast in the crock pot. His response: "When did you get so domesticated?!"

Really? I've been cooking for quite some time. I've been eating for even longer. Why is it such a surprise that I have a bit of a maternal instinct!?

The rest of the family had a similar reaction at Thanksgiving when I hosted. Who knew that Little Sis could do such things as take care of her family!?

Well guess what world? I've grown up and I actually enjoy taking care of those I care about! No need to be surprised!

Now... what to plan for dinner the rest of the week???

No comments: